I have made paper for many years. It’s a great project and will use up the paper you get in the mail and other places. Anything we can recycle is a big help to our world plus you can make amazing crafts and artwork. I have also made plantable cards and they are fun to make and to receive.
The video will explain how to make plantable paper. Below are a few suggestions of my own on papermaking.
- I would have a different blender for making paper. I usually buy second hand ones at garden sales for a dollar. The reason for having you own blender is that is hard on the equipment so don’t abuse your kitchen blender for a craft or art work.
- I use a picture frame with screen attached for my paper mold. An old screen works well too. Or you can make one like in the video.
- You can influence the color of the paper by using only certain colors for certain batches. I also use food coloring, weeds and other natural matter for coloring my paper.
- If you use tomato seeds in your plantable paper do not dry the paper in the oven. Its not good for the seed. I usually dry my paper in the sun or on the porch.
- You can get a smooth finish to your paper by ironing it between two pieces of paper.
This article has more info on dying and a great link to pioneerthinking.com for a natural dye article http://thegardenersrake.com/naturally-dyed-easter-eggs-make-your-own-natural-dyes
Home made cards are fun to give friends and so personal. Give it a try! Happy earth day!
Tags: Earth Day, plantable paper, earth day craft idea, celebrate earth day, recycle paper, natural crafts, crafts
Leave a Reply